US strategic bomber B
时间:2023-12-10 06:25:37 出处:요리阅读（143）
A US strategic bomber B-52 is set to arrive at a South Korean air base later this week, multiple sources said Monday, in the latest show of force against North Korea's missile and nuclear threat.
It would mark the first time that the B-52 Stratofortress has landed at a South Korean air base although the long-range bombers capable of carrying nuclear weapons flew over the Korean Peninsula for joint drills between South Korea and the United States.
The B-52 is one of the major US strategic bombers along with the B-2 Spirit and B-1B Lancer, which landed at Osan Air base in Pyeongtaek, 60 kilometers south of Seoul, in September 2016.
The deployment of the nuclear-capable B-52 is expected to demonstrate the US commitment to further enhance the regular visibility of strategic assets in the region amid heightened tension over Pyongyang's growing nuclear threat and plan to launch a military spy satellite again this month after two failed attempts this year.
The nuclear-powered USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier arrived at the southeastern port of Busan on Thursday for a five-day visit following trilateral naval drills involving the United States, South Korea and Japan.
In July, Pyongyang denounced the US deployment of strategic nuclear assets to the Korean peninsula as "the most undisguised nuclear blackmail" against North Korea. (Yonhap)
- Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
- [Exclusive] 'Game of Thrones' publisher inks deal for Korean books for first time
- Samsung owns largest No. of Israeli subsidiaries among S. Korean conglomerates: report
- “北, 무단철거 금강산 골프장서 옥수수 건조”
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- 대통령실 “UAE 대통령 방한 순연”…이스라엘·하마스 충돌 영향
- [Photo News] 2023 Sea Art Festival returns to Busan's Ilgwang Beach
- [Herald Interview] Samuel Youn celebrates career in ‘From Darkness to Light’
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met