Cast of ‘Norma’ says opera difficult to sing but easy to enjoy
时间:2023-12-10 06:28:09 出处:교육阅读（143）
Director Alex Olle's production of “Norma,” which premiered to open the 2016 season at the Royal Opera House in London, is set to be staged at the Seoul Arts Center from Oct. 26-29.
“I am happy to conduct one of the true masterpieces of Italian operas. Bellini’s (composition) is very demanding technically. ... It is a difficult piece to cast. Without exceptional singers, it's better not to perform," said conductor Roberto Abbado during a press conference Monday. The performance is accompanied by the Korean National Symphony Orchestra with the Noi Opera Chorus.
"The shape of the melody is very long and broad. The shape of musical numbers requires longer breath and a longer arch," explained Abbado.
Particularly, the aria "Casta Diva," one of the defining moments of the opera, is known for its intricate vocal acrobatics. As the first aria sung by the protagonist Norma, the singer needs to convey the charisma of a priestess intertwined with her complex inner emotions through a melodic composition.
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- 반도핑기구 “아시안게임 북 인공기 게양에 조치 취할 것”
- Show must go on: 28th Busan International Film Festival kicks off despite setbacks
- Jarasum Jazz Fest to kick off Friday
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- Wavve’s ‘The Deal’ to expand into 200 countries
- 'No Japan?' Korea swings from extreme rejection to selective embrace
- Samsung chief explores new growth drivers in Middle East
- 윤 대통령 “국민소통·현장소통·당정소통 강화하라”