S. Korea logs current account surplus for 4th month in August
时间:2023-12-10 04:37:26 出处:컴퓨터阅读（143）
South Korea logged a current account surplus for the fourth straight month in August on the back of a widened trade surplus and increased interest income from overseas, central bank data showed Wednesday.
The country's current account surplus reached $4.81 billion in August, following the surplus of $3.74 billion the previous month, according to preliminary data from the Bank of Korea.
August's surplus came as the country's trade balance has remained in the black for five straight months and interest income has increased.
The country's goods account racked up a $5.06 billion surplus in August, following a $4.44 billion surplus the previous month.
The primary income account, which tracks the wages of foreign workers and dividend payments from overseas and interest income, reported a surplus of $1.47 billion in August, following a $2.92 billion surplus in July, the data showed.
But the services account suffered an extended loss in August, reaching $1.6 billion, the data showed. (Yonhap)
- 윤 대통령 “국민소통·현장소통·당정소통 강화하라”
- Ive kicks off first world tour, 'Show What I Have'
- Asiana may ditch cargo business to close Korean Air merger deal
- S. Korea finishes 3rd with 42 gold medals at Hangzhou Asian Games
- Another suspect of Tajik duo behind S. Korean money exchange robbery nabbed
- ‘저위험 권총’ 예산 13억 받았지만…결국 ‘38구경’ 더 사기로
- Tapas bar explores modern interpretations of kimchi
- BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum